Welcome to our recording of the recent webinar “AHPRA and Dental Council Notifications - Prevention is better than cure” with Brad Wright
Brad Wright is a junior counsel at the Queensland Private Bar. After a career in dentistry, he was called to the bar in 2011.
A significant part of his practice is Health Practitioner Law - assisting dentists - and other health practitioners on occasion - with regulatory matters. This also involves advising practitioners in relation to Health Fund Audit activity.
This webinar is a MUST VIEW you for any dental practitioner--- to protect themselves from an ever-growing area of litigation, regulatory scrutiny and patient complaints
In this webinar I asked Brad various questions and his answers were very exceptionally informative and his knowledge in this area of dental regulations and AHPRA is second to none
- What do you see as the areas of practice that get dentists into trouble with AHPRA or the Dental Council of NSW.
- What is the difference between someone suing for negligence and someone answering a notification ?
- What can dentists do to prevent notifications ?
- What can dentists do to defend notifications?
- How can dentists practice better in relation to records ?
- How can dentist practice better in relation to consent ?
- Is orthodontics a special case ?
- What issues arise in relation to action against general dentists doing orthodontics ?
- Can dentists practice orthodontics without being worried about the regulator ?
- How will a dentist know if their insurer is taking them seriously ?
I hope you not only enjoy this webinar – but take a lot away from it that will change the way you communicate with patients and ensure that you protect yourself from the dental regulators and potential complaints from patients .