Module 3: Early treatment including growth and development
Following the completion of Module 3, the candidate will be proficient in understanding facial and dental growth from the early mixed dentition to adulthood, understand Space Analysis, and be very proficient in managing the correct orthodontic cases in the mixed dentition including class 2 malocclusions, class 3 malocclusions, transverse and vertical discrepancies as well as significant crowding and spacing problems. Also, there will be significant training on the management of developmental issues, habits, and impacted /ectopic teeth. There will also be a presentation on how to incorporate, promote and present fee structures for profitable early-treatment cases.
What will be covered in Module 3
- Goals of early treatment
- Space analysis in the mixed dentition
- When to treat early and when not to treat early
- Facial growth
- Dental development and dental arch changes with growth
- Management of crowding/spacing in the mixed dentition
- Management of the class 2 malocclusion in the mixed dentition including functional appliances
- Management of the class 3 malocclusion in the mixed dentition including functional appliances
- Management of transverse and vertical problems in the mixed dentition
- Management of impactions in the mixed dentition
- Management of developmental problems
- Management of habits and other issues
Learning outcomes for Module 3
- To identify normal and abnormal growth and normal and abnormal dental development
- To manage arch length discrepancies in the mixed dentition
- To resolve skeletal discrepancies in the mixed dentition
- To manage impacted teeth in the mixed dentition
- To manage aberrant habits
Reading materials and the course manual are available in the lesson named ‘Course Materials’. You will see both pre and post-course material and your course manual.
If you need help with anything please get in touch.