Module 4: The essentials of aligner therapy
Following this three-day course, the practitioner will understand the different aligner products in the marketplace and their individual advantages and disadvantages and identify realistic goals of aligner therapy. They will be able to assess the most eligible patients for aligner treatment and discover the keys to success with this type of therapy with various different orthodontic problems including crowding, spacing, deep bite, open bite, class 2, class 3, and extraction cases. In addition, an understanding of aligner therapy including its biomechanics, tips and tricks, and how to make aligner treatment profitable in their practice will be discussed. Also, the practitioner will have an understanding of general orthodontic diagnosis, establishing a problem list and treatment plan as well being able to obtain high-quality orthodontic records.
What will be covered in Module 4
- Understanding an orthodontic malocclusion.
- Assessment of orthodontic problems.
- Basic treatment approaches for class 1, class 2, and class 3 patients.
- Basic treatment options for crowding and spacing cases.
- Basic treatment options for a deep-bite and open-bite malocclusion.
- The orthodontic problem list and treatment options.
- Obtaining excellent orthodontic records.
- Optimizing and perfecting the new patient exam process.
- What cases should you be treating with aligners and understanding their degree of difficulty
- History of aligner therapy
- Evaluation of different aligner systems
- What can realistically be achieved with aligner movements and which cases should utilise fixed braces rather than aligners
- Biomechanics for aligners and how it differs from braces
- Management of crowded and spaced cases with aligners
- Orthodontic setups for class 2 and class 3 issues
- Orthodontic setups for deep bites and open bites
- Management of extraction cases with aligners
- Problems with aligners and how to resolve them: tips, tricks, and techniques
- How to integrate aligner treatment into your practice efficiently and profitably
Learning outcomes for Module 4
- To obtain an orthodontic diagnosis and problem List
- To perform an orthodontic risk analysis
- To formulate solutions for different orthodontic problems
- Understanding what can realistically be achieved with aligner movements and which cases should utilise fixed braces rather than aligners
- Understanding biomechanics and attachments in aligner therapy
- Understanding how to stage aligner setups with various malocclusions
- Understanding possible issues with aligners during treatment and how to solve them
Reading materials and the course manual are available in the lesson named ‘Course Materials’. You will see both pre and post-course material and your course manual.
If you need help with anything please get in touch.