Module 8: IDT and management of difficult orthodontic problems and malocclusions, digital smile design (DSD)
Following this two-and-a-half-day program, the candidate will understand the management of impacted teeth, missing teeth, orthodontic bone regeneration and the interrelationship between periodontics and orthodontics, the interrelationship between orthodontics, and endodontics, and the interrelationship between orthodontics and restorative dentistry. In this program, unique orthodontic problems will also be discussed such as transposed teeth and supernumerary teeth and the use of implants to aid anchorage for tooth movement – and a very succinct approach to when they need to be used, and how and why. This program will also discuss requirements from a prosthodontic point of view of how teeth should be positioned for different restorative options and the use of digital smile design (DSD) in treatment planning patients in all aspects of anterior restorative cases and how this is utilised in interdisciplinary therapy in the most efficient manner will be discussed in detail.
What will be covered in Module 8
- Management of perio-ortho interrelationship
- Management of endo-ortho interrelationship
- Management of impacted teeth
- Management of missing teeth
- Orthodontic bone regeneration
- Unique orthodontic issues – transposed teeth, supernumerary teeth, small lateral incisors, etc
- Setting up cases for implant placement and other restorative treatment
- Micro implants as an aid to orthodontic anchorage and tooth movement
- Working with an IDT team
- Digital smile design
Learning outcomes for Module 8
- Understanding the interrelationship between orthodontics and periodontics
- Managing restorative dental issues with orthodontics
- Management of missing and impacted teeth
- Understanding the indications and management of micro-implants
Reading materials and the course manual are available in the lesson named ‘Course Materials’. You will see both pre and post-course material and your course manual.
If you need help with anything please get in touch.