Advanced Biomechanics, management of Class 1 Malocclusion, non-extraction and extraction, management of Class 2 Malocclusion non-extraction and extraction
Following the completion of this 17.5-hour program, the participant will understand advanced biomechanics to allow them to prepare themselves for difficult malocclusions and more importantly to treat every patient in the most efficient manner with appropriate treatment planning. The participant will be exposed to understanding how, when, and why to modify bracket positioning and the bracket prescription to allow more efficient treatment outcomes. They will learn about different wires and auxiliaries that are available and when and how to use them to aid in the treatment of all their patients. There will be a detailed analysis on anchorage and how to decide which teeth to extract if extractions are deemed appropriate and utilisation of the Virtual Treatment Objective (VTO) to provide better planning for their patients. With this module, both non-extraction and extraction cases will be treatment-planned and the management of these cases in the most efficient manner will be discussed in detail.
What will be covered in this Module
- Advanced biomechanics to understand force systems from different bracket wire geometries and risk assessment appropriate to treatment planning.
- Anchorage and how it applies to orthodontic tooth movement
- If extractions are required – which teeth and why
- Detailed understanding of VTO and how it impacts on planning treatment
- Management of Class 1 Malocclusions non-extraction and extraction
- Management of Class 2 Malocclusions non-extraction and extraction
- Bracket position modification and torque modifications including different auxiliaries and wires to enhance orthodontic results to an exceptional level
- Orthodontic finishing – advanced
- Manual wire bending for first, second, and third-order tooth movements
Learning outcomes for this Module
- Understanding different extraction approaches and anchorage requirements
- How and when to modify bracket position and prescription
- Use of different auxiliaries and archwires for various malocclusions
- Learning to bend orthodontic archwires
Reading materials and the course manual are available in the lesson named ‘Course Materials’. You will see both pre and post-course material and your course manual.
If you need help with anything please get in touch.