Management of Severe Dental and Skeletal Dysplasia
Following this 17.5-hour program, the more difficult malocclusions such as the Class 3 Malocclusion and significant vertical and transverse dysplasias will be discussed from a diagnostic and treatment point of view, and with the benefit of the knowledge gained in the previous modules, other appliances and auxiliaries are added to the clinicians’ orthodontic armamentarium. Through this module, the practitioner will be able to treatment-plan and manage these more difficult cases. This module will also incorporate all aspects of orthognathic surgery including pre-surgical and surgical orthodontics with an emphasis on post-surgical finishing.
What will be covered in this Module
- Management of severe skeletal discrepancies – sagittally, vertically, and/or transversely
- Diagnosis of Class 3 Malocclusion and how to treat the various types of Class 3 Malocclusions
- Management of severe vertical dysplasias – correction of the deep overbite and open bite both dentally and skeletally in both the growing and non-growing patient
- Orthognathic surgery and pre-surgical orthodontics and post-surgical detailing
- The Transpalatal Bar – its uses and how to fabricate and activate
Learning outcomes for this Module
- Understanding the management of severe sagittal skeletal discrepancies in both the growing and non-growing patient
- Understanding the management of severe vertical skeletal discrepancies in both the growing and non-growing patient
- Understanding the management of Class 3 patients
- Understanding all aspects of surgical orthodontics
- Understanding the uses, fabrication, and activation of the Transpalatal Bar
Reading materials and the course manual are available in the lesson named ‘Course Materials’. You will see both pre and post-course material and your course manual.
If you need help with anything please get in touch.