Welcome to the online Module 2.1: Conventional straight wire mechanics, orthodontic bio-mechanics, straight wire philosophy & mechanics.
This course includes:
- Theories of tooth movement
- History of orthodontics
- Orthodontic biomechanics – Forces, Moments and Couples-rotation, tipping, extrusion/intrusion, and translation of teeth.
- Orthodontic brackets, wires, and auxiliaries – the different types, when, and how to use them.
- Orthodontic bracket prescriptions and their indications
- Bracket placement –the importance of and correct positioning of brackets.
- Direct bonding of brackets
- Digital placement of brackets and indirect bonding
- Case portal and 3D viewer
Following the completion of this 2-day program, the participant will understand different theories of orthodontic tooth movement, be aware of simple orthodontic mechanics and the use of fixed appliances, the various bracket prescriptions and their indications in different treatment plans, the various orthodontic wires and auxiliaries and when to use them and how to use them– as well as a full understanding of bracket positioning directly in the mouth and the use of digital placement of brackets in conjunction with indirect bonding.