We recently had the pleasure of Dr Adam Rosenberg, a well-known specialist periodontist in Malvern Victoria present a live webinar to our OrthoED family on the topic of Periodontal Considerations during orthodontic treatment.
This was a superb presentation that provides all dental practitioners with a basic understanding of the interrelationship between periodontics and orthodontics and also to highlight the orthodontic/periodontic interface in clinical practice for optimized treatment outcomes.
Adam covered many areas in this very informative presentation including
- The surgical management of impacted teeth
- The periodontal management of recession, and how to minimise issues orthodontically
- The pros and cons of forced extrusion, and how to enhance the gingival attachment when required, and how to purely extrude a tooth without the gingivae.
- The use of micro-implants ,Tads and even conventional implants in orthodontics
- A detailed discussion on the physiological difference of altered passive eruption and active eruption, how to manage it and the difference clinically with regards to the indications and procedures for a gingivectomy and crown lengthening .
I can assure you that this presentation will provide you with many pearls and will make you look at your patients in a different light as you plan their orthodontic treatment.
I hope you enjoy the recording of this webinar as much as all the participants who were fortunate enough to hear it live.
I look forward to hearing your feedback and feel free to email me Geoff@orthoed.com.au with any comments or questions
May we all continue to “Grow through Education“