3-day program: CPD 50 hours
DAY 1 Basics of Orthodontics
- Understanding an orthodontic malocclusion.
- Assessment of orthodontic problems.
- Basic treatment approaches for a Class I, Class II, and Class III patient.
- Basic treatment options for a crowding and spacing case.
- Basic treatment options for a deep bite and open-bite malocclusion.
- The orthodontic problem list and treatment options.
- Obtaining excellent orthodontic records.
- Optimizing and perfecting the new patient exam process.
- What cases should you be treating with aligners
DAY 2 and 3
- History of aligner Therapy
- Evaluation of different aligner systems
- What can realistically be achieved with aligner movements and which cases should utilize fixed braces rather than aligners
- The difference in biomechanics for aligners and braces
- Problems with aligners and how to resolve them -tips, tricks, and techniques
- Orthodontic setups for class 2 and class 3 issues
- Orthodontic setups for deep bites and open bites
- Management of extraction cases with aligners
- The Hybrid aligner system
- How to assess a digital setup
- Assessment of the different aligner systems in the market place
- Troubleshooting with aligners
- How to integrate aligner treatment into your practice efficiently and profitably
Following this three day course, the practitioner will understand the basics of orthodontic diagnosis and how this relates to aligner therapy,the different aligner products in the market place and their individual advantages and disadvantages and identify realistic goals of aligner therapy, the eligible patients, and the keys to success with this type of therapy with various different orthodontic problems including crowding, spacing, deep bite, open bite, class 2, class 3 and extraction cases. In addition, a full understanding of aligner therapy including its biomechanics, tips and tricks, and how to make aligner treatment profitable in their practice will be discussed.
Royal On The Park Brisbane, 152 Alice St, Brisbane City QLD 4001